5 Ways Healthy Living Helps Boost Confidence
There is something to be said about healthy living and confidence. I have been diligently working out and making a conscious effort to make better food choices for the last 4 months. Clothes that were once skin tight are now loose and roomy. Muscles that were once dormant are now surfacing. Before I started my healthy living journey I didn’t really like going out and doing social stuff because I didn’t like the body that I saw in the mirror. It was a chore to try to find something to wear. Now that I am seeing the results of my hard work I have a little pep in my step because I feel good about myself. When I look in the mirror I am proud of the person I see.
From my experience there are 5 ways healthy living helps boost confidence:
1) Body Image- Working out will not give you the perfect body, but it does give you a sense that you are working toward something. Being proactive with your health. Even if you can’t get rid of those extra inches around your waist just yet, it helps you feel better about yourself.
2) Foods That Boost Your Mood– What you eat can affect your mood, which in turn can affect your confidence. Junk food may taste really good but after we eat it we feel like crap. It’s heavy and it weighs us down. A diet high in sugar may contribute to depression, which can really affect self-confidence. It’s best to have a balanced diet with plenty of lean proteins and fruits and vegetables.
3) Endorphins– When you work out your body produces endorphins, chemicals that help you feel good. An endorphin boost can improve your mood.
4) Energy– If you feel sluggish and have low energy this may affect how you view yourself. Working out and eating healthy are very important if you want to feel energetic..
5) Vitamins and Minerals– Getting the proper amount of vitamins and minerals affects hair, teeth, nails, and skin. When these aspects of your appearance are healthy it helps you feel better about yourself.
It’s so worth it to establish a healthy lifestyle that consists of eating the right foods and exercising daily. Looking in the mirror and liking what you see is priceless.
Tasha Nelson is a busy mom, wife and registered nurse on a personal journey to get fit and live healthier while encouraging other women to do the same. She is also a total wellness advocate and enthusiast who firmly believes in the importance of taking care of yourself. A healthy mind, body, and spirit makes for a happy person. Isn’t that what we all want?